New Financial Year Goals

by Kylie on July 13, 2012

We are almost 2 weeks into the new financial year, so I really should set some goals. I did really well with last financial year and hope to do just as well this year.

So here they are:

1.) Publish 3 eBooksBlog to Book, 50+ ways to make money with your blog and Fast Money.
2.) Family holiday – not sure where, but I am leaning towards the central coast so we can go fishing, camping and to a waterfall. My daughters keep asking to do these things, so I will take them.
3.) Sell the house –  I really want to move. This has been on the list of things to do for a long, long time and it needs to be done. I;ve gotten serious about researching where I want to live and am ready to go!
4.) Get rid of anything I haven’t sold – I was supposed to do this at the end of June, but on the 30th sprained my ankle and was unable to. I spent a week sitting in bed staring at it all, so now I just want it gone!
5.) Do 4 No Spend Challenges – I try to live frugally, but sometimes junk food and things slip into my routine. This financial year I will plan out 4 no spend months.
6.) Redefine what I want to do with my blogs and do it. It has changed over time and more recently I think I have really worked out what I want to do with them all, so now I am implementing the plans.
7.) Go to the USA for the Financial Blogger Conference, the UK for Write Up (another financial blogger conference) and go to France.
8.) Take a learn to surf class – I have a gift certificate, I just need to book it and do it.
9.) See whales in the wild – They come past Sydney and there are tours you can take, I just need to finally do it.
10.) Shoot a gun – this is on my bucket list.
11.) Learn to say NO! I am way to soft and agree to do too many things. I will be stepping back from a lot of things and when I feel uncomfortable about something, I will just say no.
12.) Make back double the cost of the financial blogger conferences. I have sponsorship, but I would really love to see myself earn double what the conferences cost as a direct result of the conferences. Last year, after the conference I decided to outsource some of my advertising after meeting someone at the conference who does it and through that I have more than covered the cost of the conference. This year I want to make even more.

What are your financial new year goals? Do you set goals?

Peta July 13, 2012 at 6:35 pm

It is always great to have financial goals for the year as well as other goals. Good luck with them all Kylie and I look forward to hearing how you get on with each of them.
Peta recently posted..Something a little bit differentMy Profile

Amber July 13, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It’s so inspiring to read your list of goals, Kylie, and I wish you all the very best in achieving them this year. This year’s main financial goals in my household is to buy a family home to fit the 4 of us plus my husband’s home business, take two trips interstate to visit our families and take a long beachy holiday somewhere in Australia. I really like the idea of your no-spend months, and am going to give that a go at least twice this financial year. What are the rules?

Sarah July 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Are you in nsw? South coast where my dad lives is amazing for family camping holidays. He is at huskisson. Beautiful, everyone i recommend it to keeps going back. I’m in western Sydney and it does not take too long to get there at all.

Sarah July 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Ps they have great whale tours there as well

Sarah July 14, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Heck Pps there is an indoor gun range at st Mary’s, who have a visitor day each month, my eldest who wants to be a policeman is going as part of a birthday treat. He is 13, you get to choose which guns you wish to use, he wants to try the ones they use in the for e

Kylie July 16, 2012 at 8:39 am

@Peta – Thank you. :)
@Amber – Good luck with buying a house. That is a great goal. As for no spend challenges, you set your own rules, but basically I cut out anything I absolutely do not need. When things come up I find a way to make do or do without. Some things get written on a board and if still needed at the end of the month, they can be purchased. All the posts about No Spend Challenges are here http://kylieofiu.com/?s=no+spend+challenge

@Sarah Thank you! I’m in Sydney, the South Coast is beautiful. I have considered there and the Central Coast for camping trips. I’ll have to check out the whale tours! And thank you for the tip on the gun range. I was told quite a few have a free/trial day so was going to look into it more. Good luck to your son with becoming a policeman, that is fantastic!
Kylie recently posted..Sell 1,000 things completed!My Profile